Saturday 22 November 2014

5 Favourites


It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that I did my October favourites post, however, there are some other products I have also been loving that previously didn't quite get the mention they deserve. First is one of the most amazing books I honestly think I have ever read. Think of it as a beauty bible/beauty manual that all girls need. It is Sali Hughes Pretty Honest. I can't believe just how much Sali has managed to fit into this book, and without spoiling anything all I can say is that everyone should have a copy of this. 

Next is the Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch. I don't use this everyday, but tend to save it for special occasions but it just glides over your skin and helps your make up go on so much more smoothly. The lady on the Clarins counter compared it to poly-filler, which doesn't sound so appealing at first but after using it I now see what she means, and it is definitely a good thing (trust me). 


The next product is the Clinique High Impact Mascara. I have been a Loreal only Mascara girl for about seven years, but after using a sample I had of this, my head has been turned. I still love my Loreal Telescopic, but this mascara from Clinique is perfect for length in a more natural way. 


Another new product for me is The Body Shop Honey Bronzer. I have seen other bloggers talk about this, and I fancied trying something new. This is a great bronzer, because it is so natural and easy to wear. It doesn't look too dark or create any harsh lines even on my fair skin. 

Finally, the last product I have been loving is the Colab Dry Shampoo in the New York scent. As someone who is incredibly reliant on dry shampoo, and also someone who has tried almost every other brand of dry shampoo, I needed to give this a go. I really like this dry shampoo, it is not white or chalky in the hair, and does not feel sticky or greasy like some other brands do (i'm looking at you Herbal Essences and Aussie). It's not the best for creating volume, but the main thing I look for in a dry shampoo is not the volume it gives, but how much oil it absorbs from my hair. I have also tried the London scent but my fave so far is this New York one. This is a great product with a great price tag - kudos Ruth Crilly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.