Monday 1 December 2014

AM Skincare Routine

In the mornings I like to keep things quick and simple when it comes to my skincare routine. I have usually snoozed my alarm one too many times and therefore don't have the time to faff around with all sorts of lotions and potions. I keep my usual, every day routine down to four items.


First, I cleanse using my Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel. I have tried quite a few cleansers over the years but this one is definitely my favourite. It starts as a gel and then turns into an oil as you massage it into your skin and gets rid of any remaining make up or grime. It also smells amaaaaazing. Kind of like turkish delight mixed with roses (which is much nicer than it sounds). I love this stuff and cannot see myself using another cleanser for quite some time. The only down side to this is that because of the packaging, you don't know when you're close to running out, and I always find myself having to pay for next day delivery for this as I can't possibly be without it. 

Next I use my serum. At the moment I am using Estee Lauder Idealist Serum and I really like it. It is quite thick and I feel like it really sets a good base for my make up. I think that serum is one of the most important steps of a make up routine especially as it is what targets your skin concerns. If I ever stop using serum for a while that's when I notice a difference in my skin.

I then moisturise. I am not overly fussy when it comes to moisturisers but for the last few months I have really been loving the No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Oily skin. This is great because it is oil free and really sinks nicely into my skin without being greasy at all. I also think this is a great moisturiser to use underneath make up.

Finally I like to use an eye cream as my under eye area is where I am slightly dehydrated. Again, I am not that fussy with these but I have been using the No7 Lift & Luminate Eye Cream. I can't say that I have noticed any difference under my eyes since using this, but it is a nice eye cream to use for hydration, and again it isn't at all greasy so is nice to wear under my under eye concealer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.