Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014 Skincare Favourites

This year I have loved experimenting with different skin care products and really learning what works best for me. I have learnt what my skin type is (thank you Sali Hughes) and have made a conscious effort to take better care of my skin and I now love nothing more than taking my make up off at the end of the day and starting my evening skin care routine. 


I have experimented with a few cleansers this year, and although I have enjoyed each of them for different reasons, none compare to the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel. This gel to oil cleanser really is a delight to use. It smells amazing and removes all traces of make up in one go. I like to use one pump in the morning and two in the evening and enjoy massaging it into my skin and washing away with warm water. The smell is reason enough to go out and try this (trust me).

As far as moisturisers are concerned, I have never fallen in love with any particular brand before and have found them all a much of a muchness. However, this year I started using the No7 Beautiful Skin Oil Free Daytime Moisturiser. I was obviously drawn to this as it is oil free, but you get so much for your money with this product and it sits beautifully under your make up. I haven't used any other moisturiser since March because of this.

I started using Estee Lauder's Idealist Pore Minimising Serum earlier this year and I can't be sure, but I do think that my pores look smaller than before I started using this. Aside from visible results, I just love the way this serum makes my skin feel before I apply my make up.

Overnight I like to use a facial oil, and I thought I should mention two as although I have a favourite, I have only been using it since Christmas. First is the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. This product does not come cheap but it really does make your skin appear more plump and healthy the next day. For christmas, I got the Sarah Chapman Skinesis Overnight Facial and I am amazed with the results. After just a week of using this, my skin appears calmer, clearer and plumper. Small pimples that had appeared on my forehead (I blame the christmas parties and chocolate) disappeared almost overnight and patches of dry skin I had, began to appear calmer and smaller. I cannot rave about this product enough and will definitely be trying out some more Sarah Chapman products in the new year. 

Another overnight product I have loved this year is the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. I like to use this a couple of times a week as my skin seems to love it and gets a great glow the morning after. Again, another amazing smelling product.

Another mask I have been loving is the Glam Glow Youth Mud Tingle Exfoliate Mask. This is a classic, apply to skin, let it set and wash off mask. However, this is not a mask you use a few days before an event but instead the night of an event. I can't describe how smooth this makes your skin and just how wonderfully this mask preps your skin for make up but trust me, it is worth the hefty price tag. 

Finally (sorry another long, long ramble) is the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel. This tiny pot has lasted me almost a whole year despite regular use. I dab a tiny amount onto any spots I get and this just helps to reduce the size and redness overnight. It is particularly great to use on any spot you can sense appearing before it actually does, as it prevents it reaching its full unwanted potential. This product does smell incredibly clinical and unpleasant but if you can get past that it really is great and does exactly as it promises. 

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely products, must to try some of them.

    thelesfleur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would definitely recommend trying the Sarah Chapman Skinesis especially!

      Delete

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.