Thursday 1 January 2015

2014 Haircare Favourites

You may notice a trend in my haircare products and that is that I like to use a product that promises volume and texture as my hair is pretty fine and pretty flat. Here is a round up of the products I have been turning to and loving this year.


I have used countless shampoos and conditioners throughout the year but my favourite has to be the Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Shampoo and Conditioner. These leave my hair feeling really soft but not at all flat or greasy. My hair gets greasy very quickly, but I felt as though my hair was much cleaner than usual a day after using this, and a few times I have not had to use any dry shampoo on my day two hair (which is unheard of for me). 

For styling I have been loving the Got2B 2 Sexy Volumizing Mousse. I spray a small amount of this at the roots of my hair when wet, and I really notice a difference. This stuff also smells amazing. As I loved this so much I tried to the Got2B Rise 'N Shine Hairspray. Again, this also smells amazing, and also gives my hair so much volume and texture as well as keeping any style in place.

Two texturising sprays I have enjoyed using this year are the Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce Texturising Spray and the Bumble and Bumble Dryspun Finish. The Bumble and Bumble spray definitely comes with a larger price tag, but does not leave your hair feeling stiff or crispy in the same way that the Charles Worthington one does. However, both do seriously deliver great results. Not a day has gone by when I have not reached for either of these products as they just give my hair some much needed oomph.

Finally, my favourite dry shampoo of the year is from Colab. This brand launched this year from Beauty Blogger and Vlogger Ruth Crilly. I have tried nearly every brand of dry shampoo this year and could not find one I loved. They either left my hair white and chalky or stiff and knotty and some even left my hair feeling greasier than before. I tried the Colab range and finally found a product I was happy with. It does leave a little grey residue in my hair, however, it is much easier to work into your hair than other products, and it helps give my hair some much needed volume. I have tried the scents London, Paris and New York and love them all but I think New York is probably my favourite so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.