Sunday 4 January 2015

NYE 2014

I love getting ready on New Years Eve. It is the perfect time to use all of the new beauty bits you got for Christmas and really go all out. If you want a sparkly eye and a bright lip, New Years is the time to do it. Although I didn't go out this year, I did have a lovely dinner party style night in with my closest friends and it was my best New Years yet. We all still made just as much effort to dress up as we would if we went out.


I wore a green sparkly low back dress from Topshop that I bought in the Boxing Day Sale and I got so many compliments on it. Its the kind of thing I love wearing out and I am so glad I bought it. On my nails I had one of my favourites from the year, Revlon's Vixen which is a burgendy maroony kind of shade.

I had a couple of new Charlotte Tilbury bits to try. I love Charlotte Tilbury herself and her make up line. All of her products feel so luxurious and so many people always seem to comment when I am wearing them. I used her much raved about Filmstar Bronze and Glow which I bagged in this years Selfridges sale, and also her Golden Goddess Luxury Palette which I mentioned in my 2014 Make Up Favourites. Although I have only had these products since Christmas, they have quickly become two of my favourite products. I've never met a Charlotte Tilbury product that I didn't like. 

For an extra glow I used The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer, another cult favourite. This is my favourite highlighter of all time as it is so natural looking yet gives your complexion the most perfect glow without being glittery. It is a beautiful champagne gold colour, and almost a powder version of Benefits Watts Up. I use this on my cheekbones, my brow bone, down the centre of my nose and on my cupids bow. For a night like New Years I also use this in the inner corner of my eye to help brighten them. 

As it was a special occasion I stepped outside of my comfort zone and went for a bold lip. I used Topshop's Matte Lip Bullet in the shade Get Me Bodied. This is a deep purple berry shade, far from my much loved nudes. Despite my concerns, everyone seemed to love this shade and I am glad I tried it out. This lasted so long on my lips, and even after eating it still left a nice stained colour on my lips, but was very easily removed with the rest of my make up. Maybe now I will have to start being a little more adventurous and trying some new lip colours so I am definitely open to any recommendations.

Finally, my fragrance of the night was my all time favourite Chanel Chance Eau Tendre. This is a fruity-floral fragrance which is my personal favourite kind anyway. It has notes of grapefruit, jasmine and white musk and this scent lasts all night on me. I have used Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche before and also really like that, but Eau Tendre is definitely my favourite. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Naomi Rose I've nominated you to join in getting more traffic on your blog by the Liebster Award, I hope you can join in!

    Kirsty x

    http://missapplecrumbles.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award_12.html

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.