Saturday 31 January 2015

Top 5 Foundations

Foundation has definitely got to be one of my favourite beauty products, and I am constantly looking out for products to give me flawless, oil free but dewy looking skin. Not too much to ask for right? Here are my five favourite foundations for different occasions.


Estee Lauder Double Wear is an old favourite of mine and for years was my every day foundation. This is great for oily skinned girls like myself because it provides a lovely matte but not flat finish. This product is also without a doubt the longest lasting foundation I have ever used. Although I now find this a little heavy for every day wear, I will always reach for this on occasions I need my foundation to last a whole day. It's also great for occasions you know you're either going to be crying or sweating or getting into a situation likely to remove your make up, trust me this foundation will not let you down. There is also an amazing shade range for this foundation so I am sure there is one to suit everyone.

Next is Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. When I first got this it took a bit of getting used to because I find this to be pretty high coverage. I like to use this for nights out when I am after a higher coverage and flawless but natural looking skin. The consistency of this is quite a thick creme but it blends in beautifully on the skin. Plus only a tiny bit is needed so this lasts for ages.

I have two every day wear foundations I go between, and the first one is a cult favourite, the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I love the finish this gives my skin, it really is dewy skin in a bottle. It provides enough coverage but not too much, it just gives that 'your skin but better' look. I thought I wouldn't get on with this at first because everyone talks about it being great for girls with dry skin, which it definitely would be, but I thought I would end up an oily mess at the end of the day. However, as long as I set this with a good powder then it does the job perfectly and lasts me the whole day.

My other daily foundation is the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet. This is very similar to the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk but with a bit less coverage and a more matte finish. I personally love the finish of this more so than the Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua foundation as it gives a bit more coverage, and I need the slightly more matte finish. 

Lastly, I wanted to include a powder foundation and my favourite is the MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation. Although I only bring this one out occasionally, I think it is great to have a powder foundation either to wear on top on foundation for extra coverage or staying power, or to wear alone on top of moisturiser for a more natural finish. Sometimes when I am on holiday and I don't want to be caked in make up but I also want my skin to look a little better and less greasy I reach for this. When worn alone it looks really natural but can also be used to provide great coverage over a regular foundation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.