Tuesday 3 February 2015

The Winter Face

In the winter time I like to disguise redness caused by the cold and make the most out of my make up staying put and not sliding off my face like it tends to in Summer. My every day routine tends not to change very much, but here is a break down of my current make up routine.


Firstly, I like to use a primer. I know its not for everyone but I think it really helps my make up go on better and does help it last a lot longer. For every day wear I just like to keep it cheap and cheerful and use the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser. This is good because only a tiny amount is needed and it helps make up sit better on the skin.

For my base I have recently gone back to the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. This is perfect for day time wear as it is so buildable. If I want a light natural base I can achieve it, and if I want to build it up to conceal a little more I can also do that. It keeps my skin looking flawless but natural and gives me a natural glow even in the colder months.

I use two concealers which may seem a little excessive but I like to use a lighter one under my eyes and a slightly thicker one for any redness or blemishes. My favourite under eye concealer is the Maybelline Eraser Eye. I love this stuff - it conceals but doesn't sit or crease in any fine lines. It also lasts me all day. For redness and blemishes I love the Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer. This is great because you only need a small amount to get a great coverage. 

I always set my base with a powder and I am currently loving the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder. This is so finely milled that is doesn't make your skin look cakey or flat but just really helps prevent shine and helps set your make up.

On my eyes I use the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze. This is a lovely bronze eyeshadow with just the right amount of shimmer and it lasts all day. I much prefer a cream shadow for the day time as it is much longer lasting. I always use my Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner as I feel naked without this and then I like to use my Loreal Telescopic Mascara on my top lashes. I finish of with Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara. This stuff is brilliant because it does not cause any fall out or smudging underneath the eye even by the end of the day.

My favourite brow product at the moment is the Soap and Glory Brow Archery and I use a bit of both shades Blondeshell and Hot Chocolate. I am somewhere in between these so I tend to use mostly Blondeshell and then a little bit of Hot Chocolate for the ends. I set these with a £1 clear mascara from Miss Sporty and I love it.

Finally I use a bit of the Body Shop Honey Bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks, and some Mary-Lou Manizer from The Balm on the tops of my cheek bones and down my nose. My all time favourite blusher is Dallas by Benefit and my current one has so far lasted me three and a half years and I haven't even hit pan despite using this every day! 

Finally on my lips I always go for a nude and I am currently loving Shy Girl from MAC with some of Tanya Burr's lipgloss in Chic. I always set my make up with Avon's Setting Spray which gives my skin a more dewy finish and helps keep my make up lasting that little bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.