Sunday 1 February 2015

January Favourites

Monthly favourites are easily one of my favourite posts to read so writing my first one of the year is very exciting. Unfortunately, I have been battling with Perioral Dermatitis recently so have actually been having to avoid both skin care and make up as much as possible so most of my favourites this month are actually non beauty favourites. 



My first favourite of the month is actually a cook book and it comes from blogger Deliciously Ella. I have been reading and using recipes from her blog for quite some time now and they are honestly all amazing. Her book was released this month and I just love it. All of her recipes are free from refined sugar, meat, gluten and dairy. One of my new years resolutions was the same as it is every year, to be healthier and watch what I eat. I usually fail some time near the beginning of the month but since using recipes from this book I have not been struggling at all and have really been embracing a sugar and dairy free lifestyle. My favourite recipes are definitely her raw brownies, and sweet potato and spinach salad. I highly recommend checking this out! The book itself is also beautiful and I find myself just flicking through looking at all of the drool worthy beautiful pictures.


A beauty related product is the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Moisturiser. I re-discovered this after running out of my regular No7 moisturiser and forgot how much I love it. It is oil free but feels so hydrating when you put it on, without leaving a greasy film on your skin. A little goes a long way and my skin just loves this stuff. As with all Clinique products it is great for sensitive skin and fragrance free so with my skin being a nightmare at the moment, this moisturiser has been a life saver!

A face mask I have been using this month is cult favourite Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Mask. What I love most about this is how gentle on the skin this is despite being a clay mask. As I have mentioned, I have been extra careful with my skin recently, and once this has set and needs to washed off it melts away so easily meaning I don't have to rub my skin until it is red raw. It has also worked brilliantly on all of the little pimples I had on my forehead. I now understand the hype around this product and prefer it to other popular clay masks out there. 

A fashion favourite has been my beautiful Daniel Wellington Classic York Lady Watch my boyfriend got me for christmas. I had my eye on this watch for so long but could not justify spending the money on it at the time and I was lucky enough to be given this after so much longing. It's a classic and need I say more - I love it!

My final favourite is another christmas present and it is my One Line A Day Memory Book. I am very sentimental and keep things from most places I go. I used to keep a diary but haven't done for years due to laziness but this I have been writing in daily. It is a really cute gold lined note book dated for five years that you can write daily memories or things you are thankful for. I love the idea of this and think it would also make a great gift. I personally love reading over things like this and think it is just such a cute keepsake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.