Saturday 7 February 2015

My Most Used Highlighters

One of my most used beauty products and also one of my absolute favourite things to use is highlighter. I definitely have way more than I need but I love the effect I get when I use it and different ones give such different finishes. Here are my most used.


Chanel Blanc is a great multi purpose product as this can be used as a normal highlighter on top of make up, or underneath as a primer and makes a brilliant illuminator. This is my favourite way of using this as it just gives a really natural dewiness and glow through your foundation. The Topshop All Over Glow is a cheaper alternative for this.

An old favourite of mine is Benefit's High Beam. When I worked for Benefit this was my holy grail product. I still love this, although I do now prefer more bronzed highlighters compared to pinks. This is another great multipurpose product though, as I have sometimes mixed this with powder eyeshadows to make a cream one and I have also mixed it with lipgloss to cheat plumper looking lips. If you prefer more of a cream highlighter to liquid, then the No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter is a great dupe and half the price of High Beam. 

When I am after more of a bronzed glow I go for Benefits Hollywood Glo. Now it might be a bit unfair talking about this one because I am not sure if Benefit still do it which is such a shame. This liquid highlighter is the perfect colour for a natural sun kissed glow with just the right amount of shimmer to it. However a great dupe for this is the Topshop Glow pot which is another cream highlighter. This is slightly more pigmented so a little goes a long way.

There are three powder highlighters I love and I probably tend to use these on more of a day to day basis as I find them a bit more natural looking. My most used is the Mary-Lou Manizer from The Balm. This looks beautiful in the light and I always get compliments from people when wearing this. I like to use it every day on my cheek bones and down my nose. Another similar product to this is Benefits Miss Popularity. This is the same shade as the Mary Lou Manizer with a bit more shimmer and is a loose powder rather than pressed. It has a small applicator with it so I find it really great for using on my brow bone and the inner corner of my eye.

Last but not least is my favourite highlighter of them all and it comes in the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow Palette. This is definitely a high end product so I tend to try and save this for when I am going out or really making an effort with my make up. I cannot rave about this product enough it is so natural but makes such a difference. I love both the bronzer and the highlighter and it is definitely worth the splurge.

L-R Charlotte Tilbury, The Balm, Miss Popularity, All Over Glow, Chanel, Hollywood Glo, Glow, No7, High Beam

1 comment:

  1. i love benefits high beam too, but ill have to check some of these out! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/happy-1st-birthday-to-amy-elizabeth.html xx

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.