Tuesday 3 March 2015

February Favourites

Okay so I just have to start this post of by saying, where the hell is this year going, how are we in March already?! Crazy. Anyway, time is running away and it is already time for my February favourites. I have definitely been loving make up products this month, probably because I was so unable to enjoy them last month!


First up is something I fiiiiiinally managed to get my hands on after being on Cult Beauty's waiting list for what felt like forever. Obviously I am talking about the Anastasia Beverley Hills Contour Kit. I have only used this a handful of times as I don't see it is an every day wear-to-work kind of product, but when I am going out I have been reaching for this every time. I definitely prefer the contour shades to the highlight shades, as I do have individual highlighters I prefer, but I do like the banana shade for setting my under eye concealer. The middle contour shade is my favourite, and then I use the one on the left to build my contour a little more. The best thing about this is how buildable and blendable the product is. I was worried I would be covered in harsh lines but that is just not the case with this. I think it is definitely worth the splurge. My only criticism is that the highlight shades are a little light for mega pale girls.

Next are two eyeshadows I have re-discovered in my stash and they are the By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon, and CHANEL Illusion D'Ombre in the shade Initiation. Both of these shades are quite similar, but I would say the By Terry is a little darker and less shimmery. I have actually been enjoying wearing them both alone or blended together. Everyone raves about the By Terry Ombre Blackstar's, and I know they are eye wateringly expensive but I really think they are worth it. They go on so smoothly, blend perfectly and stay put all night long. I find the same with the Chanel shadow, but I do love the ease of the pen applicator you have with the By Terry.

A lipstick I have been loving this month is the Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in the shade Bitch Perfect. This is the perfect pinky nude which is the kind of shade I love. I also really love the formula of these, and of course the rose gold packaging is to die for. I already have a few more shades from this range on my wish list.

Finally I have another rediscovery, but this time a hair product. I have been loving the Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce Texturising Spray. I went off this for a while, as it does leave my hair a little crunchy and knotty. However, the volume and oomph this gives my hair is worth the crunch. When my hair is looking a little flat and lucklustre (which is most of the time) this is my go to product to bring it back to life. I have never tried the Oribe version, the price tag just puts me off massively, but I have heard through the grapevine that this is a pretty great dupe for that but at a fraction of the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.