Sunday 11 May 2014

Evening Skincare

I'm a bit of nerd when it comes to a well structured skincare routine and I rarely miss out any stages from my night time routine (unless i've been out and usually just jump straight into bed). I do however change things up a bit every now and then but I thought I would show my current routine as my skin has been quite good lately so I must be doing something right (heres where I jinx myself and breakout this week).

I'm a big fan of double cleansing and while I know so many people are really anti make up wipes, I really like to use them before I go in with a cleanser. My favourite ones to use are the No 7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes, as they're not too dry like I find others to be, and they're great for sensitive skin like mine. They're quite pricy for wipes at £7, but boots give out £5 off No 7 skincare and make up vouchers so often, I always use them on these wipes. I stock up and usually by the time i'm about to run out I collect another voucher. 

Next I cleanse again using the Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser for normal/combination skin. I really really love this cleanser as its gentle but effective and only a small amount is needed so lasts ages. I wet my face first, using cool water in the morning and warm water in the evening and then massage this into my skin. It goes from a cream to a more creamy milky consistency and removes every last bit of make up, dirt and oil (yuck) from my face. Its also only £19 which I think is a bargain for this product.

After cleansing I use a toner. I'm currently using the Botanics 100% Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz. I like the fact that it is a spritz so at night time I can just spray it onto my face saving a lot of time (and cotton pads). It smells really really nice and floral, but the downside to this product is that it contains alcohol which can be drying. I haven't had this problem but those with dry skin might do. This toner is fine for now but I think once I run out I might try a new one. I currently have the L'oreal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution lined up which supposedly cleanses, tones and soothes the skin, so i'm going to try that next. 

At night time I like to use a treatment before moisturising. My skin gets really red on my cheeks and nose, especially after removing make up and cleansing etc, but I have been loving the La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense Intensive Serum. I use two pumps of this all over my face and see instant results and my skin feels smooth and plump after use. I then use La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I Targeted Breakout Corrector on any breakouts I have at the time, which is usually on my chin. This is great for reducing redness and preventing an under the skin spot from rearing its ugly head. I got these on a 3 for 2 so can't remember how much I paid at the time but I believe the serum is about £16 and the corrector is £9.50. I then go in with whatever moisturiser I am using at the time which at the moment is a Nivea one for normal/combination skin.

I like to use an eye cream also, as my under eye area can get a little dry, so I like to keep it well moisturised as it also means my concealer will apply better (and trust me I need it there). I'm currently using the Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus. This claims to be wrinkle reducing but I can't say I have noticed much of a difference so I think I may try a different one next time especially as this one costs £30. 

Lastly, about three times a week I like to really try and hydrate my skin and I love love love (yes I really do love it that much) the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. I use a small amount all over my face before I go to bed and wake up with my skin feeling hydrated, plump and smooth. This stuff also smells amazing. It has Apricot Kernel Oil, Avocado oil, Mango Butters and Seaweed in it and it smells good enough to eat. It costs £22 which is a lot for a face mask but it really is great to use and will last ages. I want to try the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to clear pores next too as i've read great things about this also.

Sorry this post is pretty long but I really enjoy reading these posts myself so thought I would go all out and explain it all in detail. Please let me know if there are any products you would highly recommend as I love trying out new skincare products.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Naomi,

    just wanted to let you know I tried Nars Sheer Glow and unfortunately it does not work for me. It settles in pores a lot and highlights dry patches. I hope you'll be happy with it though.

    This picture makes me wanna run a bath for some pampering time! x

    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hopefully it will be okay, I don't have dry patches but I do have large pores, typical! Fingers crossed x

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.