Monday 5 May 2014

Space NK, Chanel and Boots Haul

This week it seemed the only thing to relieve me of some of this dissertation and final year stress was a little retail therapy. I just can't help myself and it really does make me feel so much better, shame the same can't be said for my bank account. Although I feel as though I should probably be treating myself after hand in's rather than motivating myself to actually work but hey ho.


Firstly, I went into Space NK and was drawn to the Kevyn Aucoin counter. For months I have been reading so many good reviews on the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder and Celestial Powder. I decided to try out the sculpting powder as I currently don't have a product like this, other than my Daniel Sandler Sculpt and Slim, but that is a much lighter and also more shimmery shade. The packaging of this product is so sleek and luxurious and the size makes it so easy to carry around. One thing I would say though, is that only a very small amount is needed, which can then be built up if you're fair skinned like myself otherwise a lot of blending is needed. I wipe off any excess product on the back of my hand and then I am good to go. So far I am loving this product and now I understand all of the rave reviews.


Next I bypassed the Chanel counter again and went for another product I have had my eye on for a while. The Chanel Le Blanc has been recommended to me by quite a few people and I have to say that I am definitely now a convert. This is another lavish product that can be used under makeup, mixed in with foundation or on top of make up to highlight, and just leaves your skin looking fresh and dewy in such a subtle way. This product is also really good at lightening a foundation which may be a bit too dark for you. The only downside to this product is the fact that it is in a glass bottle, but i've heard that the Nars Sheerglow foundation pump fits perfectly onto this bottle also. 

The last stop on my shopping trip was boots where I am always a sucker for that 3 for 2 offer. I grabbed myself a Real Techniques Blush Brush and the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. The bristles of the brush are definitely not as soft as other real techniques face brushes I have, but I really like using this brush with my Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder as I don't currently have a proper contouring brush. To finish off my 3 for 2 I grabbed some No 7 eyelash curlers as I recently broke mine. I think that the 3 for 2 offer is still on for another couple of weeks so I would definitely recommend getting down there. 




4 comments:

  1. What an amazing haul! I love the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder, it's the perfect shade especially for my pale skin.. I also love the Real Techniques blush brush and miracle complexion sponge, and really want the Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel! :) x

    Rachael | overdosedemaquillage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really been loving the real techniques miracle complexion sponge so happy I bought it! And I would really really recommend the Le Blanc looks so nice under foundation x

      Delete
  2. Great haul, I've also picked up KA Sculpting Powder recently and I love it!
    Great tip for the Nars pump, I didn't know it fits Le Blanc! x

    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, so many dreamy products I'm so jealous! You definitely know how to shop ;)

    Fee
    http://www.pingle-blog.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.