Monday 12 May 2014

Topping Up

Topping up make up throughout the day is something I hate to do, and to be honest something I usually forget to do. I think i'm just too lazy and I don't want what i'm putting on my skin to affect what I already have on. However, for the last couple of weeks I have been taking out just four products with me for that point in the day where your make up has slid off your face, and they have been working a treat. 


I wanted to keep it simple so that I wasn't just overloading my face with product throughout the day but was instead just perfecting what had come off. Firstly, I take out concealer. At the moment I am trying out Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer and so far I am really impressed. It comes with a salmon colour corrector and then a more yellow toned concealer which is great for dark circles under the eye and also taking away redness from a blemish. It also has another little compartment with a brightening powder to make you look more awake, but I haven't really been using this to be honest. I think I kind of just keep forgetting its there and I rarely specifically powder my under eye area anyway.

Next I take out a foundation, which I don't always need to use but it really has been a life saver in recent months when I have found myself caught in the rain. I take out the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in the shade Rose Ivory. I don't think that the phrase less is more has ever been more appropriate than when talking about this product. This really is a full coverage foundation and it has taken me a bit of a time to get used to, but now I know how best to use it for me I love it. I kid you not when I say I use a teeny tiny amount of this, and I only use it where I need it. For me this is usually my chin and my nose as that is where I get red, or if I do get a spot, 9 times out of 10 it will be on my chin. I like taking this out as I don't need to faff around with a brush it is really quick and easy, and also doesn't smudge or ruin any make up I already have on. 

The one thing I will always have on me and will usually use at some point throughout the day is powder. I just unfortunately have a really oily T zone so I need a translucent setting powder to keep my base in place (accidental rhyme) and I often need to apply more throughout the day. My go to powder is the Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder which I really love and have recently hit the pan with which makes me so sad. This is great because it has no colour but is translucent so just sets your make up in place. I also prefer a pressed powder over a loose powder because loose are just far too messy for me and I end up wasting so much product. In the morning I apply this with a big fluffy Real Techniques Powder Brush but when i'm topping it up, I just use the small sponge it comes with to dab onto my oily areas, which is mostly my T Zone. 

Lastly I take something for my lips. I am not really into lip products and you'll never see me with big bright bold lips or anything like that. Mostly because I have really skinny lips so there is absolutely no point drawing attention to them anyway. If I do go crazy and wear a lipstick it is a nude, but usually I just wear lip balm. One product I absolutely love though is the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in the shade 02 Apricot Shimmer. It's a soft peachy nudey tone and leaves my lips feeling so soft. This product is perfect for someone like me who just likes a really subtle hint of colour and some gloss on their lips. It's really smooth but not sticky at all and smells amazing. My mum also recently purchased the shade 05 Candy Shimmer which is also amazing and looks great alone or over lipstick. 

Oh and by the way just incase any of you were wondering my little cream leather make up bag is from H&M and is perfect to carry around throughout the day. There are other colours too, but I just think it is so cute. 

1 comment:

  1. Dying to try the LM Silk Cream Foundation! And your white clutch is gorgeous. So chic!


    Fee
    http://www.pingle-blog.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.