Wednesday 14 May 2014

Disappointing Products

I am a total sucker for reading rave reviews about a product, and then going out and buying it myself. A lot of the time I am really pleased that I did so, but three recent purchases have unfortunately just been a massive disappointment. 

The first is a bit controversial as it is very popular amongst bloggers but I just have not got on with it no matter how hard i've tried, and believe me I have tried. Its Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade Chantilly. I know, I know, I know this product is loved by so many but for me it just did nothing. I found it to be too thick under my eyes, which is the main area I like to use concealer, and it just sat there in fine lines. It also did not conceal my dark circles at all. The only thing I will say in defence of this concealer is I do think the shade I have is too light for me and I need vanilla instead. Perhaps if I were to try that shade it might be better, but for now this is just a big no no for me.

Next is the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation in the shade Porcelain. Again, I do think this is perhaps a shade too light for me, but I just did not notice it on my skin at all. I really like the fact that it comes with a pump, so not too much product came out, but once on my skin it felt quite heavy and did absolutely nothing. It didn't look like I had anything on my skin, and not in a good way. It was also quite drying which is unusual, as if anything, foundation usually makes my skin too oily. After paying £30 for this I am just not impressed at all and know I can get much better ones for the same price or less.

Last is a skincare product that I was really looking forward to using, and it is Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright. This serum is designed to improve skin clarity and tone and is supposed to leave you with radiant looking skin. Since using this product day and night like advised, I have seen absolutely no difference in my skin. Also, when I use it in the mornings, I find it to leave my skin feeling a little greasy under my make up. I have also found myself getting through it quite quickly despite using small amounts at a time, which is very annoying as it is £29.99, although I did get it when it was on offer. I find my Clarins Pore Minimising Serum to do much more than this, and my Clarins serum is only £26. I was also keen on trying Indeed Labs Hydraluron but I am slightly hesitant after being so disappointed with the Pepta-Bright. 

6 comments:

  1. Awe such a pity! hate when you splash out on an expensive product and then just cannot make it work for your skin. I love the Nars concealer so much! Makeup really is such a personal thing though. What works for X might not work for Y.

    Fee
    http://www.pingle-blog.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know everyone seems to love this concealer but sadly it just did not work for me which is such a shame because i love NARS products!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not fussed on the Bobbi Brown foundation, glad it isn't just me!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh so sad to hear about the NARS concealer! Haven't bought it myself but I definitely had high hopes for that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Naomi! Great reviews and in-depth analyses on these products! That's interesting that the Nars concealer wasn't that great. I find the same problem with a lot of concealers as well! They always just sit on my fine lines :/
    Anyways, love your blog so much!
    Hope you're having a lovely Tuesday!!xx

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ GIVEAWAY ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Creme de la Chic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naomi! Thanks for the great review. Looking forward to reading your next post.
    I am your newest follower from Blog Hop. Followed you via Bloglovin. Feel free to visit, follow and leave comments.
    xoxo
    Rena
    www.revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are really appreciated so thank you so much.